carlbradshaw
carlbradshaw, Technician
Experience:  Associate Degree in Electronics Engineering.
63750231

HOW DO I CONNECT MY DVD PLAYER BDP-S185/BX18 TO MY STEREO AND

Customer Question

HOW DO I CONNECT MY DVD PLAYER BDP-S185/BX18 TO MY STEREO AND PANDORA WITHOUT TV. CAN I USE MY DESKTOP INSTEAD?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  carlbradshaw replied 4 years ago.

carlbradshaw :

Could you please give the make and model of your stereo? And are you using a MAC or a PC?

JACUSTOMER-8cft02yt- :

using a pc. Model # is BDP-S185/BX18

JACUSTOMER-8cft02yt- :

STEREO IS A SONY STR-DG520

JACUSTOMER-8cft02yt- :

Carl could you please help me or someone else

carlbradshaw :

It sounds like you do not have a TV? if this is correct you can connect you DVD player to your stereo for playing and listening to audio. Also you can connect the sound output of you computer to your stereo to listen to Pandora on your stereo. Unfortunately you can not connect your DVD player to your computer to watch video with out a special video capture card. Is this helping or do I not fully understand what you are asking for. Do you have a TV? Please explain what you want to do in more detail.

carlbradshaw :

DO you still need help?

JACUSTOMER-8cft02yt- :

WHAT WOULD I NEED TO COONECT MY COMPUTER TO MY STEREO TO GET PANDORA?

carlbradshaw :

Follow the link below. This is an example of the cable you need. I am assuming you have some sort of audio output or sound card on your computer. This cable should work for you. This is just an example. You can probably pick the same (or similar) cable up at Radio Shack or Frys or Best Buy. it is a 3.5mm stereo to RCA adapter cable. http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Audio-Cable-Splitter-1-Mini/dp/B00004Z5CP/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_0/175-2916970-3844767

carlbradshaw :

were you able to follow the link? Do you have an audio output on your computer?