Martin , Engineer
Experience:  16 years, include works in aluminium plant, industrial machinery, military weapons, programming
14666028

I am trying to reset my timex digital ironman triathlon watch

Customer Question

I am trying to reset my timex digital ironman triathlon watch to reflect AM and PM. The year ,date , day and time are ok. There is no AM/PM icon showing
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer.

I assume the AM-PM only apply to the 12 hour mode. Just to make sure you have the right manual, here is the link:
http://assets.timex.com/user_guides/W209_M171/W209_M171_NA_EN.pdf
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't accept the answer until I use the information given on the website.
Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
Let me know if you still have trouble.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm still having trouble. I can't set it to the 12 hour mode. I'm not seeing the AM PM icons. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. I can't get it out of the 24 hour mode. Can you run me through it now? The instructions, which I have tried to use before, don't address the issue clearly. .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just need a simple answer as to the step by step procedure for getting into the 12 hour cycle, so I always have the correct time... IS THIS SO DIFFICULT?
Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
I can't really be more step by step than the 1 to 9 point shown in the manual i linked. Perhaps if you could tell me where it block?

The first thing is to verify that all buttons work.

The weird part is at point 3: (including AM/PM). Could it be that the 2 mode are stacked one after the other (just a guess), like 00:00 to 23:59 then 00:00 to 12:00AM to 12:00 PM then back to 00:00 -> 23:59.

The AM PM is also mentioned as an option in step 9. Be sure to press the last button mentioned to save the settings.

Perhaps something glitched in the watch logic. Timex watch usually have a small metallic tab for reset near the battery.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok, I WILL TRY AGAIN... I didn't print out the website (sorry) Could you give it again..

Thanks...

Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
Yes, sure:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your patience. If you're still online, I printed out the instructions, and went through the whole procedure, and it looked good. Then I noticed that the AM icon was showing instead of the PM. I set it for the 12 hour sequence. What went wrong?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Also, The time zones are given as 1, 2, 3. Which one is Eastern time, and does this make any difference?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Also, The time zones are given as 1, 2, 3. Which one is Eastern time, and does this make any difference? I'm sure I'm making your day... and mine too... LOL

Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
Humm, i don't know. That watch can support many time zone, perhaps you did set it to PM but the watch is currently showing another time Zone, shifting it to AM.

Usually time zone are arbitrary on watches. For example if you go to NewYork, Paris and Tokyo you just set the time for each.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, I'm back to square one. I thought that 1 would be eastern, 2 central, etc. Not so I guess... Should I go through it again trying each one until PM shows?

I'm late and have to leave. Can I get back to you later if necessary?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm late and have to leave. Can I get back to you later if necessary? I will have to check in later.... Thanks one and all.......

Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
Sorry i was preparing supper. Yes you can come to me later if you want.