Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Technician
Experience:  ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN WITH 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE
41498811

Hi. I recently purchased a Pioneer Vsx-1021K. It powers up

Hi. I recently purchased a Pioneer Vsx-1021K. It powers up OK and after a few seconds the display flashes either UE22 or VE22. I could not decide on what the first letter was. What is your take on it?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX will help you out. The error comes up when the unit software was updated and the update has failed. THe error UE in fact means Update Error. What you need to do is to repeat the update and let it install completely.

Noel
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the answer but give me some info on how to do the update.
Here is how you need to update your unit:
Updating via the Internet is performed by accessing the file server from the receiver and downloading the file. This procedure is only possible if the receiver is connected to the Internet.
Updating via a USB memory device is per-formed by downloading the update file from a computer, reading this file onto a USB memory device then inserting this USB memory device into the USB port on the receiver’s front panel. With this procedure, the USB memory device containing the update file must first be inserted into the USB port on the receiver’s front panel.If an update file is provided on the Pioneer website, download it onto your computer. When downloading an update file from the Pioneer website onto your computer, the file will be in ZIP format. Unzip the ZIP file before saving it on the USB memory device. If there are any old downloaded files or downloaded files for other models on the USB memory device, delete them.

Noel
Noel Schembri, Technician
Experience: ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN WITH 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My VSX-1021K has UE22 flashing on the display. I was informed by one of your techs that the stereo needs to be updated. I understand from the person I bought the unit from that the stereo would not accept the update. What's next?

Optional Information:
Make: PIONEER
Model: vsx-1021k

Already Tried:
Checked connectors and inspected CB's.