Nathan , Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

i have an olympus digital voice recorder ws6005 how can i

i have an olympus digital voice recorder ws6005 how can i transfer what i have recorded to my laptop?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.

DIYrescue :

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question. Please remember to click the accept button if you are satisfied with my answers.

DIYrescue :

Can you please confirm you have the ws6005 model? I am not able to find any information on this particular model.

DIYrescue :

In general however, the olympus recorders transfer recordings to a computer with a base/docking station, usually connected to the computer via a usb cable, and using some proprietary software. These items should have been included in the package when you purchased your recorder.

Customer: might be ws-600s not 5
DIYrescue :

Yes, that is it.

DIYrescue :

This model actually has a built in usb connector. There should be a button on the back that slides to make the usb connector protude from the base of the recorder.

DIYrescue :

When you do this, your recorder will appear as a "drive" in your "my computer" area along with your hard drive, etc. It will work just like a usb memory stick or thumb drive. Just open the new folder (it may be called portable drive or removable disk, probably labeled as drive E: or F:) and you will see individual .mp3 or .wma files for each of your recordings.

DIYrescue :

You can copy them to a folder on your computer (highlight the ones you want, right click and select copy, then move your mouse to the destination folder and right click and select paste.) This will make a copy on your PC without removing anything from the recorder.

DIYrescue :

You can also select files and press the delete button on your keyboard to remove items you don't want.

DIYrescue :

After they are copied, you can rename the files to keep them organized, and play them back at any time in itunes or windows media player.

DIYrescue :

___________________________________________________________________________________

Should you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,