The Electronics guy
The Electronics guy, Engineer
Experience:  Systems and Electronics Engineer, Audio & Electronic Equipment repair,Electronics Instructor
25158178

Voltage and amperage) for an Aiwa SC-A5 AC/DC transformer

What is the appropriate size (voltage and amperage) for a AC/DC transformer to replace the one originally provided with the Aiwa SC-A5 speakers
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  The Electronics guy replied 4 years ago.

The Electronics guy :

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer

The Electronics guy :

I will be happy to assist you with your question but I will need you to read me some info on the back of the speakers.

The Electronics guy :

I have tried to find the manual for this online nothing that I can use. If you have the speakers nearby I would ask you to inspect around where the power adapter goes, and where the label with specifications are.

The Electronics guy :

You can find this info there and I will get you the specific generic replacement.

The Electronics guy :

If you have the original adapter also we can get the info there.

The Electronics guy :

Where the adapter plugs in, there is a polarity that tells you center positive (+) or negative (-) and vise versa.

The Electronics guy :

The system uses 6 Volts(uses 4 C batteries each at 1.5V). This info comes from the battery specifications and now what I need is the power the system supplies out from the back of the speaker labels.

Customer:

First of all, if I had the original adapter I wouldn't need to ask my question. Also, the specifications label on the speakers seems to only deal with the speaker's power usage and not that of the power adapter. Finally, the place where where the adapter plugs in seems to say DC 6V and below that the symbols - C +

Customer:

If it helps though the spec label on the speakers reads as follows

Customer:

If it helps, the speakers' spec label reads: Music power: 3W; Impedence 4 ohms; Amp: Maximum Input Voltage 1V; DC: 6V Battery Supply 1.5Vx4 JIS SUM-2, "IECR14" or ANSI "C".

The Electronics guy :

Ok I have and answer for you. Any adapter that can supply between 600mA and 1A will work at 6 Volts. Now you can go to your local radio shack and purchase two adapter for each speaker.

The Electronics guy :

See the link below