Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

How do I program Denon remote RC-1156 to operate my other devices

How do I program Denon remote RC-1156 to operate my other devices? I was not able to use HDMI cable to connect to TV. cannot use set-up wizard.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 years ago.

DIYrescue :

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question. Please remember to click the accept button if you are satisfied with my answers.

DIYrescue :

You can download the user manual here: http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/033/033AV1912.PDF
This will contain all of the set up instructions for programming via IR code (database listed in back of manual) or for learning function programming.

DIYrescue :

If you need help with programming a specific device or can't find a code for newer piece of equipment please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Customer:

I have the user manual this info is not in it. I have the CD that came with it. No info provided.

DIYrescue :

Have you tried to connect the tv to the receiver via the component or composite "monitor" port on the back of the receiver? This will give you the on screen display menu for the receiver, and allow you to follow the OSD wizard for programming the remote to your devices.

Customer:

Yes this has been done. Looks as if the wizard only works with HDMI cable installed. Back to original question.The manual provides no directions or codes to enter for my existing devices.

DIYrescue :

You are correct, sorry about that. This is the first denon manual i've seen that didn't have that content.

DIYrescue :

What components are you wanting to program in?

DIYrescue :

I've researched this model further, and there is no way to manually program 1156 remote without using the on screen menu. Do you have any way to use HDMI? If your tv is not hdmi compatible, perhaps you can use an hdmi to dvi adapter to temporarily connect a computer monitor to the receiver to complete the programming process?

DIYrescue :

Otherwise, my suggestion would be to consider purchasing a separate programmable universal remote such as a harmony, pronoto, or nevo, and program that to run the denon receiver as well as all of your other components.

Customer:

I appreciate you trying. I was hoping that I could program the remote I have. The dvi adapter I did not think of. I see that Just Answer has already debited my account as of 10/11/11. I was going to hit accept but you guys already have my dough.

DIYrescue :

Actually, just answer takes that as a deposit.

DIYrescue :

I am an independant contractor, I do not get paid (IE: just answer does not release the funds to me) unless you click accept.

DIYrescue :

They take the deposit, and refund it after a month or so if you don't use it by accepting a question.

DIYrescue :

If you click accept, it just ensure's get credit for my time working with you. They will not charge you anything additional, beyond the deposit that was already taken.

DIYrescue :

In any case, I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you. This is just an unfortunate system limitation of this denon model. I hope the dvi adapter option will work for you.

Customer:

I don't think I'm going to go that route due to my TV not being in the loop.I'll most likely spring for a remote as you suggested. Thanks for clearing up how you will get paid as you you deserve to,it was just unclear why they would do that prior to my clicking on accept.Thanks for your help.I'm hitting the button now.