Stereowiz
Stereowiz, Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years experience in Audio Electronics , Car Audio, Home and Audiophile Stereo Repair Service
19986471

On my NSX-V2100 Digital Audio Sysem the 3CD goes thru its routine

On my NSX-V2100 Digital Audio Sysem the 3CD goes thru its routine completely but fails to get the audio from each CD in turn. The little wheel below seems to take a second check by moving the shaft up in an axial motion before the next CD is called for. Is there a motor or broken drive belt in the system? If so how to repair.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Stereowiz replied 4 years ago.

If you have cleaned the lens and still does it, then the laser is bad, it should be replaced.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Wiped lens with cotton swab and unit worked OK for about 10 minutes, then it shut down. CDs dont want to play as first two are presented to pickup & seem to run at a higher variable speeds than usual but no sound. With some CDs playing and a calender on screen the section number pulsates but no sound. At times coaxed sound from CD but found it scratchy like trying to read adjacent tracks on CD.

Are there special instructions on procedure to remove CD Player from unit?

I was Radar & guided missel electronics officer in WW2 and really appreciate this unit.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
First - can I get copy of Service Manual of NSX-V2100 from website since I only see V20 series, V3000 & V3001 shown? What is mfr. & cat. no. for pickup and do you sell them? Otherwise where can I get one? Thanks, Ken
Expert:  Stereowiz replied 4 years ago.

we do not sell, please contact Pacific Coast Distributors, they can sell you the manual and the laser if available, here is the link:

http://pacparts.com/