Joe
Joe, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.
20508815

I have a NEXTAR Q4 Automotive Navigation System(GPS). I would

I have a NEXTAR Q4 Automotive Navigation System(GPS). I would like to upgrade to get current routes and maps as I will be taking a long trip. The last time I was in several areas there was all new roads and highways changing their route. How can I be sure I can trust my GPS??

Dick
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for using justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.

There are no updates available and the nextar company website no longer exists. Its possible they may have gone out of business, this company was not known for releasing updates for the gps units. This may mean that you will need to purchase a different gps unit for updated maps.

Thanks,

Joe