JA Engineer
JA Engineer , Engineer
Experience:  Broadcast Engineer for over 7 years.
53814968

i need to program an RCA R540J Remote to operate my Memorex

Customer Question

i need to program an RCA R540J Remote to operate my Memorex Bluray DVD player. can someone help me please?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  JA Engineer replied 4 years ago.
Hello JACUSTOMER--,

To learn how to operate the remote, here is what you need to do:

(1) Turn on the device that you would like to program to your RCA R540L universal remote and point the remote at the device.

(2) Press and hold the "Code Search" button on the remote and continue holding it for 5 seconds.
(3) Press and release the button on the remote for the device that you would like to program and wait for the button to flash red.

(4) Enter the three-digit code for the Memorex Bluray DVD player on the remote (I know 005 is one of the codes that should work), and watch as each number flashes after you press it. The code can be found in the manuals for your remote.

(5) Release the "Code Search" button and press the "On/Off" button on your remote repeatedly until the device responds by turning off. This can take as long as a minute or two.

I hope my assistance helped to answer your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT if so.

All the best to you.