DIYDoctor
DIYDoctor, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrician, Appliance/Electronics Tech
14598549

i have a lg 50 inch 1080p plasma flat screen tv and there a

Customer Question

i have a lg 50 inch 1080p plasma flat screen tv and there a thin green line going down the screen on every ch what is causeing it
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  DIYDoctor replied 3 years ago.

joegig1234 :

Hello, I will review your submission hopefully answer your question.

Customer :

ok so what do u think is the problem

Customer :

hello are u there

joegig1234 :

This is a Plasma correct? How old?

Customer :

yes and it is a little over a 1 old

Customer :

its a thin green line going down the screen on almost the corner on the screen

joegig1234 :

do you have sound?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

i switch the cable on the hd box to a hdmi and it still shows the thin green line going down the screen

joegig1234 :

Sorry for delay, it could be the HDMI cable. Is it a good quality and what is the length? Usually over 10' can cause this problem.

Customer :

am not useing the hdmi cable i try it witha hdmi cable to see if that was the problem and it wasn't it am useing the hd cables that came with hd box from dish network

Customer :

i never had this problem before untill up about a wk ago this started to happen with the line going down the screen

joegig1234 :

You didn't change ant connections then?

Customer :

no

joegig1234 :

This line never moves from one part of the screen to another, it's always in the exact same position, correct?

Customer :

yes that is correct the line never moves stays in the same spot on every ch and input

joegig1234 :

I'm sorry to say but if it does shows up in exactly the same place every time on all channels, formats, the problem is the actual panel, main screen itself.

joegig1234 :

You have 1 year as you said and unless this is under warranty, this is going to be a major expense to fix.

Customer :

and what do u thing something like this might cost to fix at a tv repair center

joegig1234 :

It would be wise to have someone come look at it and provide an estimate........a repair tech service call (if not emergency shouldn't be more than about $50 to $80 depending on where you live.

joegig1234 :

Well, based on previous experience it will be expensive and may not be worth the cost for repair.

Customer :

ok well thanks for u help know i have a idea on what to do.

Customer :

ok bye.

joegig1234 :

Hopefully you have an extended warranty. If not it is wise to purchase one for wear items like Plasma, LCD and LED TVs.

joegig1234 :

Good luck!

If finished, please click ACCEPT to help my rating on 'Just Answer' and please leave positive feedback. If you do not plan to leave positive feedback, please do not click accept but instead, tell me how I can improve on my answer. It’s been a pleasure!!!