The Electronics guy
The Electronics guy, Engineer
Experience:  Systems and Electronics Engineer, Audio & Electronic Equipment repair,Electronics Instructor
25158178

I AM UNABLE TO SET UP AN INTERNET CONNECTION WITH MY NEW BRAVIA

Customer Question

I AM UNABLE TO SET UP AN INTERNET CONNECTION WITH MY NEW BRAVIA SONY; 240 MH;
3-D; 55"; HD; LED;
i GUESS I AM NOT CERTAIN WHICH NUMBERS THEY ARE ASKING FOR - I ENTERED THE INCORRECT CODE THE FIRST TIME, AND AS I WENT BACK TO CORRECT IT, IT WILL NOT ALLOW THE CONNECTION
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  The Electronics guy replied 3 years ago.

The Electronics guy :

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer

The Electronics guy :

What type of router do you have?

The Electronics guy :

Each router has a unique code that is for security. Do you happen to know it?

The Electronics guy :

What is the exact model of the TV?

Customer :

I think my problem is that we have ATT UVERSE - where would I find the router security code? I know that it is
a Belkin Brand - not sure the exact model of TV - It appears that the manuals included with TV are generic for

Customer :

Sony - and don't give me the exact info (booklet says for LCD and ours is LED - I'm looking on

Customer :

the TV itself

The Electronics guy :

On the back of the TV there is a label with tv model number.

The Electronics guy :

During the process for setting up internet connection did you TV shows all available internet connections?

The Electronics guy :

There are two types of router G and N routers, do you know what type or router you have?

Customer :

It's ATT wireless - didn't see a G or an N -- Yes during set up it did give me internet connection options -sorry I didn't have time to check back of TV -but on my setting guide info screen it gives me a device ID - would that be helpful

The Electronics guy :

The device ID is the wireless router. The router has a security code that must be entered to get your TV connected to internet.

The Electronics guy :

Do you have computer that connect to the internet?

Customer :

Yes - of course

The Electronics guy :

what window program are you using?

Customer :

vista

Customer :

Wireless - 2Wire826 - I think the router number is: XXXXXXXXXX /p>

The Electronics guy :

So you know the router id and password. You should select your router and enter the password.

Customer :

model # NX8 (4-207-725-01)

The Electronics guy :

ok

The Electronics guy :

The sony internet page explains the same thing that you already know. What you need is the password from your router. You must have it somewhere when you set your computer to connect to the internet.

Customer :

THANKS - right now my tv says that the network configuration failed while connecting - I am rechecking

Customer :

my network setting

The Electronics guy :

ok let me know the results