Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have a JVC tv with the capability to me a computer monitor.

I have a JVC tv with the capability to me a computer monitor. When I hooked it up to my computer the following happens. It will show the computer starting dispalying windows start up. Then screen goes black and says no signal.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Eng. Andres replied 5 years ago.
hi, thanks for using JA:

I would assume that you are using windows 7/Vista, but if this is not corret just let me know and I will update my answer. The problem seems that the Multiple Display capability of your computer is not enable. To enable it follow the steps bellow:

1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.

2. Click the drop-down list next to Multiple displays, click Extend these displays, and then click Apply.

3. If the image is not showed yet in your TV, adjust its resolution by click on the display labeled with the number 2, and sliding the "Resolution" settings to 1024 x 768. Once done click on OK.

You should now see the image on your JVC TV.

Regards! If that helped, don't forget to accept my answer!