WirelessWizard
WirelessWizard, Retail
Experience:  Several years experience in the field of wireless technology and consulting, with AT&T, Verizon and Alltel.

When I try to send a text message with NET10, I enter the number,

When I try to send a text message with NET10, I enter the number, press send, and instead of sending it (like it used to), it goes to a new screen and says Enter Center. What does it want? It will not let me send text messages any more. The on-line manual at NET10 is way too general to address this.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  WirelessWizard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to assist you.

The "Center Number" is the message center number. In other words, it's a number which Net10 uses to route all their text messages through. If your phone isn't set to route through that specific number, then you won't be able to send any messages. You should be able to edit the Center number under your message settings. The Center number will be provided to you by calling NEt10 customer service if it's already not populated in the Center Number field.

Net10 customer service: 1-877-836-2368

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about my answer. Also, please note that while you've posted a deposit, you must also click 'accept' in order to close the question and ensure your expert is credited by JustAnswer. There's NO additional charge for clicking accept. Bonuses are always appreciated for a job well done.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
in message settings, my email gateway is 121. when I enter 121 at enter center, it deducts 0.5 minutes, then does not send the message. Where in message settings is the number that I need?
Your Center number will be an actual phone number--such as +1719555111. Sometimes the message center number is XXXXX and needs to be sent to your phone by net10 technical support. This is all dependant on the model of your device and its restrictions. You need to call into Net10 for that center number anyway, so they should be able to your mobile.

WirelessWizard, Retail
Experience: Several years experience in the field of wireless technology and consulting, with AT&T, Verizon and Alltel.