Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a Jensen mini component system with 7-cd changer. I

I have a Jensen mini component system with 7-cd changer. I moved the unit to redecorate and when I moved it back, the cd door doesn't open when I press the LOAD/EJECT button. There aren't any cd's in the unit and I tried unplugging the entire unit, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging back in - all suggested in the manual for clearing the microprocessor. The power is on and the radio and tape deck work. How do I get the CD tray to work?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

When you press the Eject button, can you hear the motor trying to engage at all?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, there is a werring sound. Sorry, don't know how to spell what the sound is but it sounds like what the tray/door used to sound like when it worked.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the reply and I understand what you're saying.

What happened is when the unit was moved, the tray moved off track. There are plastic gears and a motor that drive the gears to move the tray in and out.

What you'd need to do is unplug the unit from power, then remove the screws holding the top cover in place and remove it to expose the tray mechanism. Being careful not to touch any of the parts internally, plug the unit in and press eject. Carefully watch what the gears are doing to see where the tray is off track. If you see an obvious mis-alignment, then unplug the system and try to manually put the gear back on track.

If this is not something you're comfortable with, then I would highly suggest locating a tech at the link below:

If you need further assistance, let me know.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I watched a video showing what you're suggesting I do. They also mentioned a fuse. If the fuse was bad, would the unit not make any sounds at all? I really would have preferred to take this somewhere but can't find anyone locally who will work on a Jensen, especially, an older one. I appreciate your help, I'm fairly handy with some things but hate all things dealing with electricity
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. There is not a fuse that would cause this problem you're having. The fuse would cause the unit to not power up at all, and the fact that you're hearing the motor engage tells me that it's a mechanical problem and not an electrical one.

The link i posted above is a general service center locator. You may end up having to ship the unit to a center to have them repair the issue if you cannot sort it yourself.