ProTV and Audio
ProTV and Audio, TV & Audio Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in TV & Audio, ISCET Certified in Consumer Electronics and Audio, AAS, EET

my tv says no signal. what do i do

my tv says no signal. what do i do? Its a westinghouse
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  ProTV and Audio replied 2 years ago.

ProTV and Audio :

Thank you for your question

ProTV and Audio :

What type of signal connection are you using... Antenna, Cable, Box, SAT?

Customer:

ummmm.... i dont know about this stuff but i have a comcast cable box

ProTV and Audio :

OK

ProTV and Audio :

Was it working OK recently?

Customer:

yes. this morning. i think when i turned it off i hit a wrong button

ProTV and Audio :

Do you normally have the TV set on channel #3 to view the box?

Customer:

no clue what channel its supposed to be on or what it was set on

ProTV and Audio :

What type of cable is connected form the box to the TV?

Customer:

what kinds are there?

Customer:

everything is tightly connected

ProTV and Audio :

HDMI, RF, Video Composite, Component....

Customer:

no clue

ProTV and Audio :

Just a moment...

Customer:

honestly, i think i just hit a button wrong

ProTV and Audio :

Yes

ProTV and Audio :

However, it would be nice to narrow down which you were using otherwise you will need to step through several.

Customer:

how do you tell?

ProTV and Audio :

What input is the screen set on know?

Customer:

Tuner

ProTV and Audio :

First set the channel to 3 or 4 and see if the signal returns.

Customer:

oh we are good now.

ProTV and Audio :

Using the Westinghouse remote...

ProTV and Audio :

Ok

Customer:

guess it had to be set on 4. dont think i waited long enough for it to work

Customer:

i have been trying for an hour.

ProTV and Audio :

That's OK, that's why we are here...

Customer:

i appreciate it. my bf just moved out and i dont know to work anything! lol

ProTV and Audio :

Do you have any other questions?

Customer:

no thanks. thanks for your help

ProTV and Audio :

You're welcome. Please push ACCEPT when you are ready and if you have a follow up question please ask.

ProTV and Audio, TV & Audio Technician
Experience: Over 25 years in TV & Audio, ISCET Certified in Consumer Electronics and Audio, AAS, EET