Electronic Tech
Electronic Tech , Technician
Experience:  Troublehooting consumer and business platforms.
30013869

what is difference between ft-900/at and ft-900/cat

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Electronic Tech replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

FT-900 to FT-900 AT (Auto Tuner) / FT-900 AT to FT-900 CAT (ATU + Collins filter)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sir,

That does not square with information given me by others (computer assisted tuner) etc.

I appreciate the effort, but certainly not worth 28 bux.

I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX differ. Would you like to see my references?

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/146

http://www.eham.net/classifieds/detail/275180
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have been on those too, that is why I asked the question.. Not exactly a definitive

answer, but there you go.

Perhaps this is more definitive:

For Sale: Yaesu FT-900 CAT

Yaesu Ft-900 with Collins mechanical filter, and automatic antenna tuner ( this was called the CAT version by Yaesu ). The radio also has the optional CW filter. Included in the sale is the original hand mic, original manual, power cord, and box. Also included is a new unused separation kit. The separation kit includes all hardware, control cable and instructions, and box. The separation kit allows the control head to be removed from the radio, and mounted up to 17 feet away. This FT - 900 was a "in the house radio" not used mobile. No marks, or scratches. From a non-smoker shack.

"Still one of the best rigs for either home of mobile use. Lots of adjustments and extra features. AM, CW, FM, SSB. Puts out full 100 watts plus on all bands, plus general coverage receive. I will be glad to scan the original Yaesu information brochure, in PDF format, for anyone who might want to know all the facts about the rig.

Will be glad to email set of pictures to those who are interested. If you wish to talk further about the radio pse email me a day time or night time phone number. Asking $ 675.00 plus actual shipping and insurance cost"
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yeah, that was written by a guy like myself selling one of these rigs. As good an answer as im going to get.. already confirmed acceptance...
Thank you. It's a fine radio. I own 4 Yaesus.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Most of my babies are swans, also ic7000, ic736, and sb200. just sold ft900 and a Dentron mla-2500. lightening my load...

73

WA9FKB

You can never have too many radios!

I began with Citizens Band, took a loooooong break and entered the HAM world many years later.

73 :)