Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How do I hook up your SA-40SE1/SA TV Sound Bar to a Toshiba

Customer Question

How do I hook up your SA-40SE1/SA TV Sound Bar to a Toshiba 40G300U1 LCD Television on input selection 1: "ANT/CABLE"? The TV only has Digital Audio Output or HDMI connections.

Gary Seegers [email protected]
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance...

Initially in TV mode, the only direct solution is to make use of a digital audio to analog/stereo converter. This device would accept the optical DIGITAL AUDIO OUT of the Toshiba TV, convert/process the digital audio and produce stereo left & right that may then be connected to the AUDIO IN of the Sony. Please click HERE.

On the otherhand, if an external device is used as the source, then it is possible to connect the external device's L & R AUDIO OUT to the Sony.

Please post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.