Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics
383181

my canon MP258 printer does not print in black colour very

Customer Question

my canon MP258 printer does not print in black colour very clearly. How can I fix this? I have tried cleaning but no success. All other colours print perfectly
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 3 years ago.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Hello Sir/Maam,

Happy to help you...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please If the Paper Feed Roller is dirty or paper powder is attached to it, paper may not be fed properly.
In this case, clean the Paper Feed Roller. Cleaning will wear out the Paper Feed Roller, so perform this only when necessary.
You need to prepare: three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper

1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and remove any paper from the Rear Tray.

2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.

3. Clean the Paper Feed Roller.

(1) Press the (Maintenance) button repeatedly until b appears.

(2) Press the Black or Color button.

The Paper Feed Roller will rotate as it is cleaned.

4. Clean the Paper Feed Roller with paper.

(1) Make sure that the Paper Feed Roller has stopped rotating, and load three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.

(2) Make sure that b appears on the LED, then press the Black or Color button.

The machine starts cleaning. The cleaning will be completed after the paper is ejected.

If the problem is not resolved after cleaning the Paper Feed Roller, contact the service center.
NOTE
After the cleaning is completed, press the Stop / Reset button to return the LED to the copy standby mode.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Let me know if it helps

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time

Sandeep Pamarati :

Good Day to you

Sandeep Pamarati :

JS2348

Customer:

Hello Sandeep,

Sandeep Pamarati :

yes please

Customer:

I followed all your steps but the problem with the black printing is still there.

Sandeep Pamarati :

did you clean the print head

Customer:

what else can i do? I live in a remote Thai village and need the printer to work urgently

Customer:

how do I clean the print head?

Customer:

I followed all your steps exactly. Was that to clean the print head?

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay

Sandeep Pamarati :

please try to do the below steps

Sandeep Pamarati :

Information is here....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Let me know if it helps

Sandeep Pamarati :

I will wait for your reply ...

Sandeep Pamarati :

What is the situation there

Customer:

Hi Sandeep. No success. Used the J maintenance option exactly as you described then tried cleaning the protusions - but not exactly sure what these are or if i did the cleaning with the cotton buds correctly. Any other help will be greatly appreciated as we need the printer for our village school function tonight

Customer:

When I used the maintenance J option there was no ink colour on the folded page anywhere - but the ink level is almost full

Sandeep Pamarati :

Okay

Customer:

what else can I do?

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please updated the drivers

Customer:

how? I am not at all technical

Customer:

Sorry to take so much of your time

Sandeep Pamarati :

You need to uninstall the proevious drivers and then reinstal the latest on e

Sandeep Pamarati :

and one more thing

Sandeep Pamarati :

you need to checkout the print queue or jobs..

Sandeep Pamarati :

If print queue is there delete them ...

Customer:

nothing in the print queue but how do i uninstall drivers and where do I reinstall? The installation disk that came with the printer is in Thai and i cannot read it

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay

Sandeep Pamarati :

i will provide the drivers please updated it ..

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please see here ....

Sandeep Pamarati :

need to select the operating sytsem download the drivers and then reinstall them afresh

Customer:

Do I need to uninstall drivers first? if so do I do that in the control panel - uninstall Canon MP250 drivers ?

Customer:

Waiting for you ...do I uninstall existing drivers?

Sandeep Pamarati :

yes please

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay

Sandeep Pamarati :

please do ...

Sandeep Pamarati :

uninstall the previous drivers

Sandeep Pamarati :

and then reinstall the latest one

Customer:

ok then I'll try and download from the list you gave me

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please do

Customer:

ok Will try that now. Thanks for your patience. Will get back to you as soon as i can

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay

Sandeep Pamarati :

most welcome

Customer:

Hello again Sandeep. Well I have done all you suggested including installing the latest drivers BUT the problem is still there with black printing. What else can I do?

Customer:

help please as we are running out of time

Sandeep Pamarati :

Oh okay

Sandeep Pamarati :

if still problem is there

Sandeep Pamarati :

I am sorry to say printer may require to repair.....

Sandeep Pamarati :

If you need details i can provide for you....

Customer:

it's only 5 months old. Purchased in Bangkok but that is 700 kms away. Is there anything more you can do now to make the printer work tonight?

Customer:

The crazy thing is that it works perfectly in any other colour - only black has this problem with the white streaks passing through the black printed words

Sandeep Pamarati :

Better to change the cartridge

Sandeep Pamarati :

I will give the canon email id and contact information they will contact you ...

Sandeep Pamarati :

please let me know if you need details

Customer:

thank you I would like these details

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay

Sandeep Pamarati :

sure one sec

Sandeep Pamarati :

pleas e

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please add the information which you have problem and some other details in mail page link is here....

Sandeep Pamarati :

And

Sandeep Pamarati :

see the below contact inforamtion

Sandeep Pamarati :

Canon Customer Support Center
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET, excluding holidays
Phone: 1-800-OK-CANON (toll free)
1-800-652-2666
TDD: 1-866-251-3752 (toll free)
Email: XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
For additional support options: www.canontechsupport.com

Sandeep Pamarati :

I hope the above inforamtion is helpful to you ..

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Good day to you

Sandeep Pamarati :

If you have any questions let me know

Sandeep Pamarati :

JS2348

Sandeep Pamarati :

if you need for further help let me know

Customer:

ok many thanks for trying

Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience: Bachelors in Electronics
Okay

Good Day to you