justelectronics
justelectronics, Engineer
Experience:  M.S in Electrical Engineering
17244570

How do I clear old messages from panasonic KX-T7633 My mail

Customer Question

How do I clear old messages from panasonic KX-T7633? My mail box is full.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Eng. Andres replied 3 years ago.
hi, thanks for using JA:

I'm working on your question, the answer will be ready in 10 minutes!

Regards!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you.

In going through the prompts I also changes the system to Spanish and not sure how to take it back to english??

Oh, sorry, I couldn't help you on that. I'll opt out and see if another expert can help you.

Have a nice day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
How do I clear old messages from Panasonic KX-T7633? My mail box is full.
Expert:  justelectronics replied 3 years ago.
Hello Customer,

Thanks for your question. I will be glad to assist you.

Please press the "message" button on your phone. The display will have the message information. One of the soft keys will guide you to clear the message.

Please let me know if this deletes the messages one by one. I know this is not the best way to clear all messages. I will try to find out if there is a way to clear all messages at once and let you know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing comes up when I hit the "message" button. Do I need to do something else??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I pick up the receiver and hit the message button I get a busy signal, which I think is telling me I have no current messages. When I call in and try to leave a voice mail I get "mail box is full"
Is there any information on the display when you press the message button (without picking up the receiver)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The information in the display does not change wI hit the "message" button
Hello Customer,

Looks like I will need some more information to assist you.

While on-hook, please press the right button (Next to the Enter button).
Then press ENTER
Then press UP or DOWN Keys (next to the Enter button)

Do you see the display provide you different feature settings?
Do you see "idioma" (Spanish for "language") on the screen. If so, please change the language to English.
Please let me know if this changes your language back to English so we can find the answer for your question.

Sorry for the delay in the resolution.
Another way to change the language on your phone is
Press "Program" or "Pause"
Press "02" (This allows you to change language)
Press "Enter" or "Store"
Press "1" (Note, 1 is for english)
Press "Enter" or "Store"
Press "Program" or "Pause"

Please let me know if this changes your language back to English?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you - this has taken care of the "English"
To further assist you, can you please tell me what do you see on the display when you press the message button?

What is the color of the Message button light or Message/Ringer Lamp. If it is off, means there are no messages. If Red, it means you have a message.

To clear the message, please press the "message" button. The display will have the message information. One of the soft keys will delete that message. The soft keys are 4 keys below the display.

To clear message waiting indications for your extension:
Pick up the phone,
Press "*70" (star 7 0)
Press "0"
Dial your extension number
Wait for the tone
Hang up.

-JustElectronics
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
These are old messages which are not clearing - I get a voice prompt which when calling is says "I am not able to add any new messages, this mail box is full. . . "
Ok, We are close.

Go in listen Voice messages mode using any one of the following:
> Press message and pick up the phone
or
> Pick up the phone. Press "*38" and then press "3"
or
> Pick up the phone, and press "message"

Once you are listening to the messages,
Press "3" and then
press "1" or "Store" to confirm

If you want to delete all messages from the log, you can press "message" until the desired message log appears. Then press "Transfer" and then press "Auto Dial/Store"

Please let me know if this resolves your question.

Thanks,
JustElectronics

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried all three of the above with no success. These would be old messages I'm trying to clear from the system to allow room for more messages.

Drake 866 572-2880
What appears on the display when you press "Message" and then press a soft key?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
PROG <- CLEAR STORE
That means, either the second soft button is the one that clears the message, or the third one. But I believe you have tried that?

Press "Message"
Press Second soft button (Buttons below the display)
or

Press "Message"
Press third soft button (Buttons below the display)
Also, try this:
Pressing the "message" button and then "transfer" should "clear" button should clear messages one at a time.
You can clear the light by pressing "*700" and then press the extension number for your line.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you have access to skype or a phone?

My phone # is 866 572-2880 or cell 805 857-4310
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This does not seem to do anything. When I try I hear a busy signal, no information is being displayed.

Drake
I will opt out and see if another expert has a solution for you. Sorry for inconvenience. I am glad the English issue got resolved. Hope you get your answer soon.