Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Technician
Experience:  ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN WITH 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE
41498811

i have a sony cdp cx400 changer and i keep getting TABLE ERROR

i have a sony cdp cx400 changer and i keep getting TABLE ERROR and the carosel does not rotate. i am not able to rotate it using the dial as well. when i opened it up, i did see that the little belt on the left side was off. i put it back on but it still give me the same error. when i turn the dial, the number and the cds advance in the display but ther carosel does not move
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX will help you out. It seems that your carousel may be blocked by some fragments. That is most probably the reason that your belt got off. try opening again and moving the carousel slightly backwards by hand and then forward. See if it is blocked. If yes then check what might be blocking it. It can be a broken gear. Also check that the motor that turns the carousel is functioning when you give the signal ( without the belt) If no it could be that the motor has got damaged.

If you need further assistance let me know.

Noel
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i can move it by hand with no problem. when i turn it on, i hear a humming sound and then it shows TABLE ERROR
It seems that most probably its the motor that turns the belt and the carousel that is the problem then. Try running it with the belt disconnected and see if it turns. If still the humming noise it will need replacement.

Noel
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i found that the belt keeps slipping off when i turn on the player. can the belt get worn and stretched out?

Yes it can, if the belt is slipping off it may need replacement as it may have got stretched. Thus it means that the motor is turning(that is good news). Most probably that is your problem.

Noel
Noel Schembri, Technician
Experience: ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN WITH 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE