PramitP
PramitP, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

My Samsung tablet (GT-P1000) will not turn on nor reboot. It

My Samsung tablet (GT-P1000) will not turn on nor reboot. It was working fine then, it stopped. Any help would be appreciated
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.

PramitP :

Hello, welcome to justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you out

Customer:

Thank you Pramit. It has got me very confused

PramitP :

So it seems you haev already tried doing a soft reset? It doesnt work?

PramitP :

Try doing this:

1. With the device off, press and hold Volume Up and Power.

2. Release the Power button when you see the Samsung logo, but continue to hold Volume Up until the recovery screen appears.

3. Use the Volume buttons to navigate the menu and select wipe data / factory reset. Press Home to choose the selection.

4. Press Volume Up continue.

Customer:

Well I tried depressing the volume control, and then depressing the on/off control for 8-10 seconds - with no success

PramitP :

Try the steps I gave above

Customer:

Sorry Pramit, nothing happens after pressing the 'Volume Up' and 'Power' button similtaneously.....?

Customer:

That is the Samsung logo does not appear - screen is just black

PramitP :

Did you try doing an update recently?

PramitP :

Are you there?

Customer:

I'm here Pramit

Customer:

No, I haven't done an update recently. As far as I'm aware there is no firmware update available

PramitP :

Does the device charge?

PramitP :

I mean does it respond when you connect it to the wall charger or USB?

Customer:

The device doesn't respond when connected to an AC outlet

Customer:

I haven't tried USB

PramitP :

Well it seems its has been bricked somehow. There is sadly only one possible thing to do

Customer:

Sorry bricked means?

PramitP :

You will have to take it to Samsung Support Center and get it checked. It has to be checked for a hardware failure before anything else can be done

PramitP :

Bricked means dead

Customer:

What is the one thing you suggest?

Customer:

OK. Thank you for your assistance. How do I release the funds from the Trust Account to pay you....?

PramitP :

If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated

Customer:

OK, thanks again for your help. Regards, Simon

PramitP :

My pleasure.

PramitP :

Please do not foget to click the ACCEPT button. Have a nice day.

PramitP, Engineer
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University