Aric, Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience troubleshooting and repairing electronics. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

I have a RCA RT2770. When I connect my Bluray to the AV Receiver

I have a RCA RT2770. When I connect my Bluray to the AV Receiver with a digital Coaxial audio cable, and select the option "Coaxial" for the BD, the sound comes out. But 5 sec after I make the selection, it cut off the sound. whats wrong?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try and assist you.

Can you please tell me the Make and Model of the Blu Ray player?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
its a Philips BDP 5110
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Initially, have you tried using another RCA cable to make the Coaxial connection?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well, on the Manual says it was supposed to come with a Coaxial cable, all I had in the box was a red and white cable analog cable and a yellow cable that says video on it. I've tried pluging the red an white cable from the Bluray to the Receiver and selecting VCR instead BD and it worked. But doesn't sound good. So I bought the Digital coaxial cable and now it doesn't work.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Okay, the Red,White and Yellow are also the EXACT same cable internally as a Digital Coaxial. I'm not talking about the Red, White and Yellow connectors, but the cables themselves. Try using just the Red end of the supplied cable in the Digital Coaxial jacks on both units and tell me if you have the same problem. If so, then the Coaxial jack on the player or the surround system is faulty and in need or replacement.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

and how do i know if its the player or the surround system? because i just bought the surround system.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

You would have to test by plugging another source that uses Digital Coaxial into the Surround system to see if you have the same problem.

Or alternatively, try the Blu Ray player in someone else's Surround System to see if it works.

I know this may not be practical, but it is the only way to test for sure without having Electronic test equipment.

If you determine that it is the surround system, then you should exchange it at the retailer. You could also perform the test at the retailer as well by bringing the surround system there and using their equipment.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!

Aric, Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience troubleshooting and repairing electronics. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.