Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan , Engineer
Experience:  B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience
7043301

My Kindle has been stolen. Is there anyway that you can track

Customer Question

My Kindle has been stolen. Is there anyway that you can track it. I know when I download a book you always know where it is. Please advise how I might find it. If I have to replace it can I redownload the books I have purchased?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 5 years ago.
There has been extensive discussion on this topic here at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/is-lost-stolen-can-disabled/forum/Fx3DSPRQJ2N21CX/Tx1EUUUKBYG9U5L/1?asin=B001JAH7OM

Unfortunately you cannot track it, and need to contact Amazon to disable your account associated with it lest whoever has it continues to make purchases with it.

I would recommend contacting Amazon support here immediately:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=518316 (Under Manage Your Kindle)

If you have further questions please ask them here. You can press Control-D to bookmark this page where you can continue to correspond with me.

Otherwise: If your question becomes or is now satisfactorily resolved please remember to click accept to accept my solution and to have Just Answer pay me for my efforts. Do so only once to resolve your question.Bonuses and positive feedback are also greatly appreciated.

Also, you can click here to request me directly for future questions.

Thank you,