Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

My son forgot his unlock code for his iPod touch 4th generation

My son forgot his unlock code for his iPod touch 4th generation and now cannot use it. How can his iPod be unlocked?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Eng. Andres replied 5 years ago.
hi, thanks for using JA:

The only way to unlock the iTouch is by restoring it. Remember that the restore process deletes everything on the iTouch, like music, personal files..etc. After the restore process, you can sync the iTouch with iTunes to transfer music and apps.

To restore the iTouch, follow the steps outlined bellow:

1. Turn off you ipod touch completely by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears. Afterwards, slide the slider and wait a few seconds for the the iTouch to turn off.

2. Then, hold down the HOME button. While pressing it, connect the iTouch to your computer through USB. This step will connect your iPod in recovery mode.

3. Keep holding the home button until you see, in the screen of the iTouch, an image representing the connection to iTunes. After you see that image, you can release the home button.

4. Open itunes. Itunes will displayed a message of a device connected in recovery mode.

5. Now use itunes to restore the device. After you have restored it, the device should boot up correctly, without asking for the unlock code.

Regards! If that helped, don't forget to accept my answer!