Craig
Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician
Experience:  33 years troubleshooting electronic and electrical control systems for all types of equipment.
21549903

I have a Genie Pro Max garage door opener 1/2 HP Model PMX500IC/B.

I have a Genie Pro Max garage door opener 1/2 HP Model PMX500IC/B. I have a Genie Intellicode keypad outside my garage door. I do not know the current code that would allow me to make the garage door go up and down using the keypad. I need to know how to reset the code and set a new code.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Craig replied 5 years ago.

Craig :

Step 1 - Activate programming mode.

• Press in order 3, 5, 7, PROG button - Red LED blinks - once per second

• Enter you PIN ( 3 to 8 characters)

• Press PROG button - Red LED blinks - twice per second and turns off.

Step 2 - Programming One Door Openers

• Find the Learn Code Button and Learn Code Indictor LED on your door opener. (This can be found where you see the antenna wire hanging from the motor head (you may have to take the lens cover off). If antenna wire is not hanging from motor head then you have an external receiver which is a black box approx. 6" x 2" mounted somewhere in the garage with a antenna wire hanging from it (pop off cover to find Learn Code Button).

• Press the Learn Code Button - Learn Code Indictor LED (on opener) will blink.

• Enter your PIN and Press the up/down arrow button on keypad - Learn Code Indicator LED stays on.

• Press the up/down arrow button again - Learn Code Indicator LED turns off - Wait until Keypad Backlight turns off approximately 30 seconds.

Step 3 - Operating One Door Opener

• To operate the Garage Door - Enter your PIN - Press the up/down button.

NOTE: If the Door does not move, check the red LED on the keypad. If the LED is blinking rapidly, the PIN was entered incorrectly. After the LED stops blinking, re-enter your PIN and try again.

Any Keypad button will control the door for 30 seconds after the door starts moving.

Rapid blinking of the red LED indicates an error. After a few seconds the LED will turn off. Start over.

Customer:

The key pad has digits 0-9, send and prog, there is no up/down button. Also, when I pushed 3, 5, 7 the LED lights blinked as I pushed the buttons but after I pushed prog it did not blink once per second.

Craig :

Did you go to the link for other instructions for different pads?

Craig :

Look at the link above