TX_Engineer
TX_Engineer, BSEE
Experience:  BSEE, years of electronics experience, board level repairs, analog and digital circuit experience
31075011

Hi, my questions is about a Hewlett Packard Stethos electronic

Customer Question

Hi, my questions is about a Hewlett Packard Stethos electronic stethoscope which I am having a difficult time finding on the web. I want to find out how to change the battery and where to get a battery? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  TX_Engineer replied 3 years ago.

The manual is non-specific about the battery type that is used, so you'll have to pull the existing batteries to find out. The battery model used will be engraved on the batteries themselves.

To get them out, have a look at this link. Removing the batteries is not an obvious task.

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so much, It would have taken me several months if not years to figure out where the batteries where in this stethoscope. I would be afraid of breaking something and this scope is too valuable to have someone monkeying around with it. Thanks again. Lois
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a follow up question that I thought I posted; Where can I send my HP Stethos stethoscope for evaluation and repair? I have replaced the batteries with new ones and still it is not functioning at all, the on light isn't even coming on let alone being able to use is for auscultation of lungs or heart. Can you please advise me as to where I can send this instrument for repair or replacement.

Thank You for attempting to help me get my right arm back up and running,
lol.

Lois Johnston, RN
I've done some tracing on that stethoscope, the company that made it is called Agilent, which was either bought or spun off by HP. They make medical equipment worldwide.

I'm sorry the battery replacement didn't work. Make sure the batteries are in there in the same direction as the originals, the "sides" of the battery make a difference. Putting them in backwards will mean the device won't function.

I can tell you that Agilent built this device and may service it - they do offer repair and calibration services.. Their contact information is below:

Agilent Technologies, Inc. Headquarters

toll-free:
+1 (NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>
phone:
+1(NNN) NNN-NNNN/dd>

If you're happy with the response/answers, please consider "accepting" the answer, we are independent contractors that work on a basis of accepted answers. If for some reason my answer isn't helpful - or you're not happy, please indicate why so I can improve my service in the future. I'm USA based... (and happy to help)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, I will contact the Agilent company in the morning and see what they have to say. Once I talk to them I will get back on line and accept your answer. Thank you again, Lois J.
Thanks for the feedback, Lois.

Understand we work hard for those accepts - and I want to make sure I've given you accurate information and I never mind if and when customers need to verify what I've given them, it helps to make sure that my response is accurate and that there is no disappointment..

Our compensation is via those accepts. They are what we work here for (as independent contractors).

Let me know what else I can do for you....