The Electronics guy
The Electronics guy, Engineer
Experience:  Systems and Electronics Engineer, Audio & Electronic Equipment repair,Electronics Instructor
25158178

Aiwa stereo radio cassette recorder model no.HS-J36 radio is

Aiwa stereo radio cassette recorder model no.HS-J36 radio is o.k i need to fix cassette player
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  The Electronics guy replied 5 years ago.

The Electronics guy :

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer

The Electronics guy :

I would first what to ask you to perform few things to identify and confirm the cassette problem.

The Electronics guy :

1. With cassette loaded,press play and see if the cassette moves. If it does not them press stop and the press fast forward and then stop and then reverse. If both trials are not moving the tape then this suggest the belt might be the suspect.

2. To confirm the above, press play and listen close to the system for motor movement noise. This will confirm that the motor is moving and the belt does not take the movement to the next wheel that moves the cassette. During this process look close to where the cassette playback head, on the side there is a little wheel that pulls cassette, if that wheel is not moving also confirm the belt as this is where the power from the motor belt comes.

The Electronics guy :

The above process with eliminate belt and motor issues. These are two major problems on cassette playes.

The Electronics guy :

Let me know and will further help with diagnostics

Customer:

I was not asking for diagnostics i know the belt is the problem i wanted somebody to where to go to fix it thanks for taking money from me for nothing