Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Sears is selling a Encore Technology , All in one stereo and

Sears is selling a Encore Technology , All in one stereo and cd recorder. It says "Convert you entire music collection directly to cd's....without a computer. I cannot find a review on this product online anywhere. And I want to know what the ratings are on this product. The price is 299.00, and 29.99 shipping. The coupon came with the Sears catalog. I am very interested in purchasing this product, however I want to know if it will deliver what is promises. I am not great with a computer so that is why I find this item appealling. I want to be able to listen to some of the music on my LPs by recording them on to cd's for in the car.
While I don't have direct experience with this particular unit, Encore Technology is a very cheaply made brand. I've seen the build before and it is the same as others that are being sold at Heartland America for $199-$229. I've also seen tons of problems with the cloned units which are likely all made by the same manufacturer and rebranded. So, while it would do what it promises initially, I cannot see this system lasting over a year, if even that long. I can send another recommendation if you'd like.