ricke1973
ricke1973, ELECTRONICS
Experience:  DEGREE IN ELECTRONIC TECHNOLOGY
10191312

We have a Samsung flat screen TV which has no picture. Sound

We have a Samsung flat screen TV which has no picture. Sound is okay - was running this PM then went black any ideas?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  ricke1973 replied 3 years ago.

Hello [Sir/Ms], My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem

( please click on high lighted words) demo of inverter replacement..

First make sure to hit the menu button on the TV's remote while the screen is black, and if you have sound, and nothing is there then friend while the set is on turn a bright flashlight on and shine at angle into the set push the TV menu button if you can see a image then your back light is not working. You can also check the transformers they are close to were the wires plug into the panel, make sure all transformers read the same amount of resistance if not you have found a bad one. Now you will have to check to see if the power supply is sending 24v to the back light, if not the power supply is bad. Cost back lights around 150.00 and power supplies around 100.00. Well this should help you friend.

Here is a link to better understand the inverter. Within the power supply the capacitors

Please let me know if you want to try this yourself, or if there is anything else I can do for you!

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
About how much would it cost to have Geek Squad do the repair?
Expert:  ricke1973 replied 3 years ago.
Geek squad is a little bit more expensive than your local tv repair man,, cost should be between 1-150.00
ricke1973, ELECTRONICS
Experience: DEGREE IN ELECTRONIC TECHNOLOGY