James W
James W, Senior Manager, Retail Electronics
Experience:  24 Years experience in Electronics as Manager of Retail Electronics. 30 Years Experience Computers.
18589515

I HAVE A PANASONIC DVD BLUE RAY PLAYER THAT I WAS PLAYING NETFLIX

Customer Question

I HAVE A PANASONIC DVD BLUE RAY PLAYER THAT I WAS PLAYING NETFLIX MOVIES ON BUT I HAVE MOVED AND FOR SOME REASON I CANNOT GET TO WORK ON THE NEW INTERNET SERVER
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  James W replied 3 years ago.

James W :

are you using wireless or wired for your dvd player

Experience: 24 Years experience in Electronics as Manager of Retail Electronics. 30 Years Experience Computers.
Expert:  James W replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  James W replied 3 years ago.

I responded within 42 seconds, waited 5 minutes and got no response from you, so I have converted this to a remote Q&A session. It will be slower, but I can help just the same.

Are you hooking up wirelessly or wired?

I would as a test, try wired.

You will have to start over with the setup of the Panasonic box as if you just bought it new

all the setting sill be different, so you must input the new settings.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i am not sure what you are saying. all i have is wireless from att with a modem acrossthe house
Expert:  James W replied 3 years ago.

OK, that helps.

Usually even a wireless router has a wired Ethernet port on it

I was suggesting that you hook up to it to see if it will operate without using wireless.

But in any case, when you first got the unit out of the box for the first time, you had to set it up to work with your wireless network.

Now that you have moved, the setting for the network may be totally different.

So I say, get the owners manual out, and start at the very beginning just like the day you got it new.

Do not skip any steps.

Rerun the wireless setup, and give it the correct information about the network, and it should work.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i sent you a response by replying to your email but i guess i wasnt supposed to do that. i still don't have a response to my question that gets it working. i could go right into netflix before but now i cannot get in. i still have an account with them.please give me a reply that tells me how to fix this. thank you. D. Ferguson

Expert:  James W replied 3 years ago.

can you go into the netflix menus on the panasonic? Are you getting any errors?

You may have to log into netflix with a computer and deactivate the Panasonic

then try to access netflix with the panasonic again and it should ask you to register again that is to put the 5 or 6 digit code in again.

How far do you get. What does the screen say.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i am just not having much luck. i cannot get past the network sign in place to what i used to get which was netflix, utube, weather, and a couple of other spots. my main problem which i was trying to explain early is that I have lost the owners manual. i have tried several sites and cannot seem to get past the advertising to get to any usefull information.
Expert:  James W replied 3 years ago.

is this a BT-2 or a BT-200?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sa-bt 230 panasonic.
Expert:  James W replied 3 years ago.

Here is the owners manual a direct link

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SCBT730.PDF

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you for that. i hit accept answer but they told me i would have to pay you twice if i did that.
Expert:  James W replied 3 years ago.

You already paid at 337 PM with an ACCEPT. You are fine unless you wish to pay a BONUS.

I hope you can use all the info to get it started again.