PramitP
PramitP, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

My Samsung Series 6 650 LCD has no picture. I was watching

My Samsung Series 6 650 LCD has no picture. I was watching cable and the image froze then the screen went dark. I have turned it on and off--it still makes the on and off sound, but when it comes on the information in the top left corner comes on but then in about 10 seconds the screen goes dark. When I try and change source (it's on cable) it goes dark. Have tried unplugging. Cable is on and shows stations moving when I change.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.

First of all welcome to Justanswer. My name is Pramit. Before I start, have you tried unplugging the TV for 4-5 hours? How old is the TV? What is the exact model no.?

Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here you go:

Unplugging 4/5 hours: No

How old: Bought 6/2008

1(NNN) NNN-NNNN SAMSUNG LN52A650

Model Code is LN52A650A1FXZA

Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.
Do you have audio?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just the ding when it turns on and off
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.
Okay basically it turns off right after you turn it on. What is the color of the power LED when it turns on and when it turns off? Is there any blinking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No color--the red light is off
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.
Okay, thanks for the info. First of all there is no "quick n easy" fix for this. I must say you've done a lot of basic troubleshooting. The problem seems to be with the power supply. There might be bad or burnt components such capacitors or rectifiers or fuse. Most of the times there are swollen caps or burnt resistors which need replacement. The capacitors are of rating like 1000mfd 50v . If you replace them by yourself, make sure that 1000mfd(microfarad) remains constant and the voltage is atleast 50V. The bad components are a result of heat or cold solders etc. If you remove the main board and inverter from the power board and the power stays ON, then its either the inverter or the main board. Usually when there is no LED, the main fuse is open but without proper diagnosis, who knows! Prior to these you can try opening the back and cleaning the dust. If you wish to buy the power supply board online then you can click here. I'd recommend you to confirm your model no. with the seller before purchasing. If you want to repair it yourself then you should be having proper knowledge about the internal circuitry of the TV.
You should also require a multimeter and soldering equipments and schematics.
If you wish to take it to a repair shop would you like to have an idea of the cost of repair?
If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated

Edited by PramitP on 2/18/2011 at 4:37 AM EST
PramitP, Engineer
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University