Richard S.
Richard S., Technician
Experience:  Extensive experience with networking, recording, CCTV, TV and audio equipment
46174997

I have error message C 13 70 on my Sony DVD player - DVP-N

Customer Question

I have error message C 13 70 on my Sony DVD player - DVP-NS501P.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question! Sorry for any delay in answering, we will try to get you all fixed up!

Lets start with this!

Please PRESS AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON WHILE unplugging the unit. Wait for at least 120 seconds to let the internal CPU reset. Then plug it back in and see if it starts up and works properly./

If it works, please click Accept as that is how I get credit. If not, let me know and we will keep working on it. Bonus NOT necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It has not worked.
Youa re gettign the same exact error with every different disc you try?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, most of the time I don't even get an error message. The disc either doesn't spin at all or spins for a bit and nothing happens and then it stops. Either way, it makes a loud noise that doesn't usually happen. I got this error message once and hoped that it would help diagnose the problem so I could fix it.
Ok, and you get the same error with each disc? Double check that the discs are not damamged or scratched.

If they are not then the optics on the DVD player are probably failing. How old is this unit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have tried many discs that have worked before, and some that I have played this week. It's a few years old, are you saying it can't be fixed?
Well, these days electronics are pretty much disposable. Having someone try to fix this would most likely cost more than just replacing the unit with a new, updated model

Here is the one I would recommend. Under $40 delivered and a REAL quality unit! hard to beat that!

Sony DVP-SR200P/B