Aric, Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience troubleshooting and repairing electronics. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

Hi,I have a Pioneer vsx-d510 multi channel receiver which

Customer Question

<p>Hi, I have a Pioneer vsx-d510 multi channel receiver which will play from the radio, but not from any of the inputs at the rear of the receiver. I connected a dvd and got the video through but not the sound. My nephew used this machine prior to upgrading and said it worked ok, but he doesn't know how it was wired. I did a 2 yr. TV/Radio tech course at TAFE about 20 years ago, so I'm not incompetent - though I'm begining to think I am. Can you help with any (not rude) suggestions please? many thanks Phil</p><p> PS. I also opened up the case and checked the fuses</p>
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
What type of connection are you using to run the Audio from the DVD player to the receiver? Are they RCA, or Optical?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
RCA
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Have you tried any of the other RCA inputs to get sound from the DVD (example: CD, Aux, Video 1, etc.)?

I'm thinking that the inputs you tried may have been assigned as "Digtial" (Optical or Coaxial).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your reply.

if you note point 2 of my original question, you will see that I mentioned that I had tried all ports (and adjusted the "multi jog" dial appropriately).

with reference to your statement above, where would they have been assigned as "Digtial" (Optical or Coaxial), how do I adjust them, and what to.

thanks again

cheers

Phil

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Sorry about that, I saw that you tried 2 different ports and adjusted multi-jog dial in the "Already Tried" section.

Here is the link to the download of the manual. On page 17 it shows how to assign the Inputs to Digital or Analogue.

Please check the input assignments and let me know what you find out.