Louie , Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Kenwood VR-305 stereo remote control not working. I bought

Customer Question

Kenwood VR-305 stereo remote control not working. I bought a second remote and that stopped working as well. There is no response from the remote controls.

Help.

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for your patience. Should you still need assistance...

Initially, there is a partial test to confirm if the old (even the second) remote is working or not. With fresh batteries, point the remote towards an active digital camera. For every press of any button on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera. No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote faulty. On the other hand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor fault in the Kenwood itself.

Please post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.