John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I cant access Netflix on my new Sanyo Internet TV.

Customer Question

I can't access Netflix on my new Sanyo Internet TV. I'm supposed to get a code to show that my TV is a Netflix Ready device... but when I go into the Netflix App on the TV it just goes straight back to TV programming. Sometimes it just goes to a black screen and stays there until I turn the TV off and back on again.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  TX_Engineer replied 3 years ago.
Customer, thanks for including the model number of the TV.
I assure you, I'm based here in the USA and am well educated. Please excuse me if these questions seem basic:

1) Is your TV connected to the internet?
2) If your TV is connected to the internet, did you go through the network setup and do all the network setup tests pass?

If the answer involves complicated network setup, I may choose to open the question back up to other experts - networking questions can take quite a bit of time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The TV is connected via wi-fi. It has been through all the tests and it does show that it is connected. When I try to access the Netflix Application, it just goes straight back to TV programming. There is supposed to be a code given that I need to enter on the Netflix website (on my laptop) in order to view streaming movies on the TV. It doesn't give me a code anywhere... just keeps going straight back to tv from the NET Menu.

I see that indication for other TV models too... IE:
If you’re a Netflix member, all you need to do is
activate your HDTV as a Netflix Ready Device.
1. Select Yes and press ENTER.
2. Write down the activation code provided onscreen.
3. On your home computer visit
www.netflix.com/activate
4. Log in to your Netflix account and activate your
HDTV with the provided code from your TV.
5. Enjoy watching movies and TV programs on
your HDTV using your Netflix account.

If there is no error on screen and you're passing all network tests, I'm at a loss here... I'll opt out and let another expert weigh in on the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks! That's the part I can't get to... "activate my TV as a Netflix Ready Device". There has never been an activation code provided...