2lego
2lego, Engineer
Experience:  Professional audiovisual and electrical engineer with prior experience as commercial and residential electrician.
52243799

How do you reset Sharper Image 1612911 MP3 player My touch

How do you reset Sharper Image(NNN) NNN-NNNNMP3 player? My touch screen is frozen and will not let me access inside. I have used the UNLOCK KEYBOARD on the side to no avail. This MP3 player was bought from AVON.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answers. I can help you with this. To reset the player you will need access to your PC used with the device.

You will want to perform the following steps too reset the player:
Step 1. Connect the MP3 player with the USB port to your computer.
Step 2. Open or Double click "MY COMPUTER" file from your desktop main window screen.
Step 3. Highlight "Removable Disk" by clicking on it only 1 time. Do not double click!!!!
Step 4. Click "File" from top menu to open the drop down box and click on "Format".
Step 5. A new window will open. Make sure default under file system shows "FAT" then click "START" button.

(IMPORTANT NOTE: BY PERFORMING THE RESET FUNCTION ALL CURRENT DATA INSTALLED IN MEMEORY OF THE MP3 WITH VIDEO PLAYER WILL BE DELETED.)

If you have any other questions just let me know. If this information was helpful then select the accept button. Positive feedback is also appreciated.

Thanks,

Troy
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have already tried this and it did not unlock the touch screen, it did delete all my songs .
Well, that does tell me that your player is accepting communication from the computer. Are you still able to transfer content over to the MP3 player, along with seeing what content you've loaded onto the MP3 player from the computer?

Did anything happen to the player right before the screen locked up or where was is stored before this happened?

Thanks,

Troy
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just synced some music from Windows Media Player and it did everything it usually does okay. But I can't tell if the MP3 player received them okay because the menu screen is locked and won't open. The lock /unlock button on the side tells me that keyboard is unlocked.
The player was being charged right before it locked up. It is usually stored on my top of my desk. I had taken it with me on my walk an hour or so before and it played fine.
Based on your answers there two different options available to reset/fix the MP3 player.

1. Remove the battery from the player to do a hard reset, which would require splitting the case in half and removing the battery leads from the main board. I have not been able to get a service manual for this specific player, so I'm not sure if it has any screws on the back that would facilitate this.

2. Contact your Avon representative and tell them about your purchase. I have an Avon seller in the family and they are very serious about customer service and taking care of people and the products they sell. Even if it is out of warranty or 30 days past due its purchase I would still approach them with your story and frustration.

My first choice would be to contact Avon, since your player is showing early signs of what would be a bigger problem with the internal components of the player.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If this answer was helpful then select the accept button.

Thanks,

Troy