John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I am trying to setup my Roku player to my TV & Yamaha AV receiver.

Customer Question

I am trying to setup my Roku player to my TV & Yamaha AV receiver. Because my TV does not have an available HDMI input I am using the RCA cables from Roku to TV - Roku setup and video work great, just no sound when I try to watch download on Netflix. I have moved RCA cables around to different input jacks on TV, no difference for audio. I have changed input settings on AV receiver & no difference. Any suggestions?

Roku XD
Yamaha HTR 5640 Receiver
Toshiba 32HF73 TV

Thanks!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Hello, Can you please explain in detail what RCA cables you're using (Composite: Red,White and Yellow, or Component: Red, Blue, Green, Red and White)?

Also, if the Roku is connected directly to the TV how would the settings on the Yamaha affect this (unless the TV is somehow connected to the Yamaha)?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have it figured out. I had to connect the audio composite calbes to the AV receiver. Thanks for your attempt.