PramitP
PramitP, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

My kindle has lines across the screen like a bar code. It

Customer Question

My kindle has lines across the screen like a bar code. It is frozen. I took off the back and tried to reset it but nothing happened.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you in solving your problem.
I want you to start by plugging your Kindle into your computer via the USB cable or into a wall socket with the USB cable and the power adapter plug. The light for charging will be glowing yellow while charging and green when done charging. Once it's green, please unplug the cable.

Then, slide and hold the power switch for 20 seconds and then release. This will allow your Kindle to reboot and refresh its software. It might take a couple of minutes and the screen might flash some times.

Once you do that let me know what happens.

If it fixes the problem, please do not forget to click the ACCEPT button.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As my complaint stated, it will not charge. I cannot accept your suggestion, since I can't apply a charge to the device.
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.
I would request you to try that again. Sometimes it doesn't work in one go. Please try it again just the way I asked you to.

If you still have the lines then, it is very probable that you have a circuit error. The kindle mother board and screen can distort if the Kindle has had pressure or been flexed on.

If the hard reset still does not work, its a hardware / firmware failure and the unit needs to be repaired by Amazon.

You will have to give a call to following phone number to obtain repairs. Only they can process the repair. It cannot be done online.
  • In the United States: 1-866-321-8851

They will provide you the Quote over phone.

If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated

Edited by PramitP on 12/10/2010 at 2:02 PM EST