Shaheen
Shaheen, Technician
Experience:  Chief Technical Officer for 2+ years
50060751

setting up the panasonic soundbar, hooked up with HDMI cable.

setting up the panasonic soundbar, hooked up with HDMI cable. HDMI AV IN to HDMI in soundbar, but no sound. I have a panasonic viera 50" plasma, don't think it's ARC. Do I need the additional cable?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Shaheen replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to assist you with this.

Kindly provide the model no. of the sound bar
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
SC-HTB10P-K
Expert:  Shaheen replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for providing the model no. Can I know the source of input?

Also be informed that the TV has 'HDMI in' only; no 'HDMI out'. So to output audio from TV you have to connect from 'digital audio out' on TV to 'digital audio in' on sound bar. Let me know the source of input viz, cable, cable box, sky box, dvd/blu-ray player etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what do you mean by "input"? I have a HD Cable Box.

so do I need to purchase a digital audio optical cable?

do I still need to use the HDMI cable?

Expert:  Shaheen replied 3 years ago.
HD cable box - Thats what exactly as I meant by the input.

Does your HD cable box has two hdmi output or just one? If you are unable to check it out, please let me know the model no. of the cable box and I will check it out for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it has 1
Expert:  Shaheen replied 3 years ago.
If HD cable box has only one, then you need to buy a digital audio cable, as the only one available is being used to connect to TV.

Let me know, if you need a link to buy it online.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
do I hook up the digital cable from the cable box to the sound bar or from the tv to the sound bar? what about the hdmi cable?
Expert:  Shaheen replied 3 years ago.
Connection will go like this..

HDMI cable will be connected from HD cable box to your TV. Thats for the video.

Digital audio cable will be connected from 'digital audio out' on the rear of TV to 'digital audio in' on the sound bar. Thats for the audio.

Feel free to ask, if you need any clarification. I will be glad to help you out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I use component cables now, can I still use them or do I have to use hdmi cable. The TV has a cover over the digital audi out, can it be removed? is there something behind it? why is it covered when the other inputs are open? must be a reason.
Expert:  Shaheen replied 3 years ago.
The cover is just for protection, to avoid dust accumulation etc. Just remove it using a screw driver or so.

May I know why you use the component cables for? to connect to which device?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I use the component cables to connect the cable box to the tv. also can you send me a link to order the digital cable.
Expert:  Shaheen replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the information. If that is the case, you can connect from 'HDMI out' on HD cable box to 'HDMI in' on sound bar, if you have an HDMI cable.

Otherwise, click here to buy the digital audio cable.

Let me know, if you have any doubts.

Else if that answered your query, kindly click 'Accept', so that I will be paid for assisting you.

Bonus payments and positive feedback are very valuable and highly appreciated.
Shaheen, Technician
Experience: Chief Technical Officer for 2+ years