Tas H
Tas H , Application Engineer
Experience:  A licensed Electrical Engineer by Profession and passionate technology gadget guy by hobby.
40636363

My Samsung ML-1740 On Line / Error light is on. The manuel

Customer Question

My Samsung ML-1740 "On Line / Error" light is on. The manuel says to Restart it.
Can you help ?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Tas H replied 5 years ago.

Tas H :

Good Afternoon, Lets try to understand your problem first and i will be happy to assist you.

JACUSTOMER-wiultlgm- :

It won't print, it warms up but the On Line / Error light is on. The manual says to Restart it.

Tas H :

If your " on line/Error" light is continously ON than one of the following problems could have happend.
1 - Paper jam occurs. Try to check all the trays and make sure to check inside rollers for any paper jam.
2- The front cover is open. Close the frontcover firmly. 3- The toner cartridge is empty. Remove the old toner cartridge and install a new one firmly.
I am sure going through these steps should resolve the issue. Remember i will not get paid for this help untill you accept the answer. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-wiultlgm- :

I already tried all that. The light blinks along with the Toner Save light.

Tas H :

If both the on line error and toner save lights are blinking as per the codes that means your system has some problems. Did you try contacting Samsung service center with this code?

Tas H :

Based on the Samsung led light codes for this printer when " on line error" and " toner save lights" are blinking this normally a problem that needs service center to fix. Only recommendations before you call them is to take out the cartridge and making sure all the trays are firmly closed. I understand you have already done that. I hope my time was helpful. Please remember i will not get paid for my time until you accept this answer. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-wiultlgm- :

You took so long to answer I went out an bought a new printer. You were not very helpful.

Tas H :

I am sorry to hear that i couldn't help you in timely manner. At least you did the right thing. Printers error code was not recoverable. Please remember you will not be charged and i will not get paid until you are satisfied with my help and time spent and hit the accept button. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-wiultlgm- :

My credit card was charged $28 and I did not hit the accept button. I demand a refund.

Tas H :

let me check this for you. Thanks

Tas H :

You are correct you did not accept my answer and neither did I receive any credit for the help. From my understanding to use the service you did a deposit in the beginning which is sitting in your JustAnswer account which you can do three things.

1 - Accept and i will get the credit for my time and help

2 – If you want I can opt out and make this question available to other experts for them to try and help you until you are satisfied and then hit ACCEPT for them to get credit for the help(you will use same deposit)

3 – Initiate refund from your JustAnswer account back to credit card Follow below links for help. I have also copy pasted relevant Para from terms and condition

“JustAnswer takes customer satisfaction seriously. Accordingly, if you do not accept an answer and are not satisfied with your experience on JustAnswer for any reason, then as your sole remedy you may request a refund within thirty (30) days of when you paid to ask your question on JustAnswer here or by calling Customer Service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) at(NNN) NNN-NNNN Please check here before requesting a refund to make sure you have viewed the most up-to-date responses to your question. If you do not request a refund within thirty (30) days of your payment, JustAnswer is not required to provide you a refund for any reason and shall be entitled to retain the full amount of your payment as compensation for providing the Site access benefits related to your question.”

http://ww2.justanswer.com/shockingly-simple-justanswer-promise

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#fees

http://www.justanswer.com/refund/refund.aspx

Tas H :

I missed one point, I am sure you will find all this in the terms and conditions. You can also use this fund for altogether different question in future. I hope this was helpful. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will opt out from this question. Thanks

Tas H :

I have forwarded your concerns to JustAnswer customer service. Once again sorry for the inconvenince and thanks for using JustAnswer.