Craig
Craig , Electrical/ Electronic Technician
Experience:  33 years troubleshooting electronic and electrical control systems for all types of equipment.
21549903

Craftsman Garage Door Opener Model 139.53970SRT. The Indicator

Craftsman Garage Door Opener Model 139.53970SRT. The Indicator Light to the right of the SRT Button is blinking. Is there a problem? The opener seems to be working OK, the remotes in the cars and the 3-function remotes seem to working.

Thanks
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Craig replied 5 years ago.
Count the number of LED flashes. This is telling you a fault code of some kind. Not sure why if it is working but count the flashes, then let me know and I can find them in the manual. Do you have the manual? It's in the 'troubleshooting' section
Here is your manual:

http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/owner_manuals/14376/CRAFTSMAN-Garage-Door-Opener-L0105043?brand_name_search=13953970SRT+CRAFTSMAN

Edited by protek480 on 11/22/2010 at 5:33 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I looked in the manual that I have and the one you sent online, didn't find anything. The light is flashing six times in a row, then a pause, then six more times.
Expert:  Craig replied 5 years ago.
Ok, standby let me look that one up...it is probably sensing a couple of pulses from the 'RPM sensor after the motor is turned off.
'RPM pulses detected after the motor was turned off (perhaps forcing up travel)'
This is what is most likely happening form a little 'slop' in the chain or something but it's not holding it from working.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Should I tighten the chain a little?
Expert:  Craig replied 5 years ago.
Ya, if you can. It may help it sounds like this is all it is though. I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's functioning as it's supposed to but giving you the fault from an extra bit of travel most likely