Will
Will, President & Small Business Owner
Experience:  30 plus years industrial electronic electrical repair
4456095

Ihave a 10 years old bose surround sound system. The bose

Ihave a 10 years old bose surround sound system. The bose speakers are wired through the walls and connect to the receiver back. I just bought a new HD TV and when they installed it I told them that remote to the bose receiver was not working, but they told me that the receiver is not digitel and I should not waste money on getting a new remote I should get a whole new receiver. But because my speakers are Bose I have to get a bose receiver, no other receiver will connect to those speaker wires. Is this correct?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Will :

What?

Will :

Who cares if the input is analog or digital, plug it in and play it, you can send line out from the source, [in your case the new tv] to the bose, you might have to change a setting and tell it to send analog or digital but this is all wrong, it can be made to work,

Will :

Look in your bose manual and tv manual first tv it will tell you how to connect that information is not right

Customer:

Thank you.

Will, President & Small Business Owner
Experience: 30 plus years industrial electronic electrical repair