Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

The subwoofer will not work. red to green light comes on but

The subwoofer will not work. red to green light comes on but no sound. Checked fuse ok. Double checked conections. They are conected as the instructions call for. I have moved the system around a bit and had problems with functions due to some wires coming off but now conected, except, the tuner has to be on tape to play. I think I just got the wrong port.

Can youadvise me what to check or do ?

Test the subwoofer by unplugging the RCA cable from the receiver, with the subwoofer plugged in, turn the gain up to 2/3 up and tap on the end of the RCA cable. Do you hear a buzz? If so, then the subwoofer is working fine and it's an issue with the receiver settings or it's subwoofer output signal.

If not, then try replacing the RCA cable and see if this works.

Lastly, what is the make and model of receiver that the subwoofer is connected to?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
did not make any sound. harmen carden ar135
Have you tried another RCA cable like I suggested?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry, yes and it is brown and is the original 15' that came with the unit new

Okay so there is no buzz at all when tapping the cable correct?

Can you hear any hum or any noise at all coming out of the speaker?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no but i did right after moving these units around. Right afterwards i heard a buzz or hum and never since then

If you shut the subwoofer off, can you hear a little thump from the speaker?

If not, then it's likely that the Digital amplifier failed in the subwoofer and this is why you're getting no sound from it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no sound at all. What is your suggestion please ?

The amplifier is faulty then. You would either need to have the amplifier repaired, replaced, or you could also purchase an aftermarket plate amplifier and install it yourself. I can help you with whatever course you'd like to take.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am not good with repairs. I would prefer to send it for repair. can you help

Yes, here is the contact information for Infinity's service center locator:

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Customer Thank you for your super help. We will get the information from the address you sent.
Hello, I hope it works out. If you feel my answer helped, could you please click "Accept"? It is the only way I receive credit for my answer.