Mike , Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained/Certified OnQ Audo/Video/Data Technician
11762411

My Kindle wont let me open any of the books I have purchased.

My Kindle won't let me open any of the books I have purchased. My Kindle is both 3G an WiFI and it keeps telling me that I don't have a WiFi connection. This hasn't been a problem in the past. I have had the device since September. Also--a book I recently purchased downloaded to the archive for some reason.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi. Thanks for posting your question on JustAnswer... Do you know which model Kindle you have?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I know that it is both 3G and WiFi--I dont know the model number

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
I'm going to assume that since you purchased it in September, you have the latest generation Kindle. From the sound of things, it needs a reset. It's not uncommon to have to do this. It doesn't necessarily mean you did anything wrong. It's just that the OS becomes corrupt from time to time and it requires a reset to fix. In any event, to do the reset, slide and hold the power switch for at least 20 seconds. That will reset the device. It should function normally after that, unless you have a hardware failure, which will require service. Give that a shot and let me know if you're still having a problem and I'll help you contact Amazon to arrange repair/replacement.

Regards,

Edited by Mike on 11/4/2010 at 10:00 PM EST