Daniel , Electrical Engineer
Experience:  BSEE (Electrical Engineer), 10+ years electronic design experience ,chip, board, component expert
47322625

I have a Samsung AV Surround Receiver AV-R730. I have a satellite

I have a Samsung AV Surround Receiver AV-R730. I have a satellite box, an X-Box 360, and a Sony Blu-Ray player conntected to it all via HDMI cables. The Receiver no longer seems to recognize the Blu-Ray player at all. I get no sound or picture at all anymore. The satellite and X-Box are both fine. Could this be a setting that I may have messed up? What troubleshooting should I try?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.

Hi there happy to help.

Try the following to determine if the problem is the receiver or the Blue Ray.

Connect the Blue Ray directly to the TV via HDMI. Unplug the HDMI connection from the receiver to the TV, and use this port.

If your get good sound and video, the problem is the receiver. If not(which is what I suspect will happen) problem is with the Blue Ray.

Try taking the blue ray to the TV directly now with Component video and optical audio. Does this work? If so, then the issue is the HDMI output on your Blue Ray is not working.

Hope this helps,

-Jared

If this answer helped you please click the ACCEPT button.