Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Im trying to setup a Denon AVR-1609 Ive not used in about

I'm trying to setup a Denon AVR-1609 I've not used in about a year. No sound. I've unhooked all but the center and L and R front speakers and tried just using the tuner--which seems to tune fine. No sound. Speaker connections are good. Setup give me a CAUTION: SP NONE (which I also got with the surrounds hooked up.). No test tones.

I've done a couple of hard resets between unhooking speakers. Nothing changes. Is the amp shot? The green light is on and other things seem to be appropriate, mute isn't on.

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Hello, This is a problem that I've been seeing in so many Denon units over the last 5 years. This is one of the most common problems reported on Just Answer and I also see it in the field with my clients who have Denon units. The outputs to the speaker have problems, and the issue occurs most commonly when the units have not been running for some time. My client who I installed a $10k home theater for at his summer home, returned after 6 months to have the exact same problem with his Denon. Upon checking with their service centers, it was reported to be an estimated $200 repair, in which case he chose to purchase a Yamaha instead. I will link to the Denon service center locator if you'd like to inquire about a repair, but this is what I've found out.

Basically if the hard reset doesn't sort the issue, then the unit is in need of service.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!