The Electronics guy
The Electronics guy, Engineer
Experience:  Systems and Electronics Engineer, Audio & Electronic Equipment repair,Electronics Instructor
25158178

My Phillips DVD player keeps ejecting the disk while trying

Customer Question

My Phillips DVD player keeps ejecting the disk while trying to read it. What can I do?The lens is clean, the disk is clean. It cannot read. It trys to read, stops, trys to read, stops and finally ejects.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  The Electronics guy replied 4 years ago.

The Electronics guy :

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer

Customer :

Hello

The Electronics guy :

It looks like you have missed a step during open and loading of DVD

Customer :

What would that be?

The Electronics guy :

Try to open the door, remove the dvd, leave the try open, unplug the system and let it sit for 2 min or so and then plug it in and let me know if this works

Customer :

Please hold while I do this.

The Electronics guy :

There is a switch the monitor the position of the tray and need to be reset

The Electronics guy :

Ok,

The Electronics guy :

I am here

Customer :

Please retype this last sentence. It is not quite clear.

Customer :

There is a switch where?

Customer :

How do I reset the switch?

Customer :

This did not resolve the problem.

Customer :

Are you there?

Customer :

Hello?

The Electronics guy :

yes

The Electronics guy :

Open the tray, remove dvd

Customer :

The solution did not work. Please tell me where this switch is and how to re set it

The Electronics guy :

Unplug your system.

Customer :

OK

The Electronics guy :

Leave the system for few minutes

The Electronics guy :

then plug it in

Customer :

I have done that,

The Electronics guy :

This might reset the switch

The Electronics guy :

Are you still having the same problem?

Customer :

This process does not resolve the problem. I have done this twice.

The Electronics guy :

Have tried different DVDs and still have the same problem?

Customer :

Yes, no difference.

Customer :

Any other suggestions?

The Electronics guy :

Yes what I am trying to figure out is where the problem is try related or laser related and I am tryign to locate the product manual

Customer :

OK, I am patient.

The Electronics guy :

What did you to to clean the lens?

The Electronics guy :

Did you take the cover off?

The Electronics guy :

What did you use to clean the lens?

Customer :

compressed air first, the a small dab of isopropyl alcohol then dryed that with the compressed air.

Customer :

Yes, with the cover off.

The Electronics guy :

Before you cleaned the laser was the dvd working?

Customer :

no, that is why I cleaned it. It was working last week. Today I rented a movie and it would not read. I took the movie back and they were able to play it but gave me a different one and this one would not read. So I opened the cover, blew out the inside with compressed air, cleaned the lens with alcohol and tried again. No change. I have removed the disk, left the door open, unplugged the machine, waited a few minuted, plugged it back in, replaced the disk, and the same proble,. I tried different disks, same problem.

The Electronics guy :

Can you try to play a regular CD on this machine?

Customer :

Do you mean a music cd?

The Electronics guy :

yes

Customer :

Same problem.

The Electronics guy :

Ok

The Electronics guy :

Then it looks like there is something to do with the position of laser of the mechanism that moves the laser across the Disk. This is something that I would suggest you contact the manufacturer as I cant figure more details of what you can try.

The Electronics guy :

I will opt out for other experts to try. You can also contact the manufacture at

(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer :

Are you still searching for this issue?

The Electronics guy :

Not, I have opted out for other experts to try

Customer :

I have waited 17 minutes for no response. I must assume you are not able to help this issue. I hope Just Answer has not collected my funds!