Craig
Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician
Experience:  33 years troubleshooting electronic and electrical control systems for all types of equipment.

i want to reset my comb for my sentry safe, but donot have

i want to reset my comb for my sentry safe, but donot have my factory code
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Craig replied 3 years ago.

Craig :

If this is a 3 digit combo dial you cannot change it. The user code can be changed only. Call Customer Service Center at 800-828-1438 for information

Craig :

If this is a electronic keypad the code is 1 7 5 0 0, then reset it to a new user code

Craig :

If you have ever programmed a new user code, this number does not work. Only for first time, then new user code changes the number. If you never changed to a new user code, this number will open the safe.

Craig :

1 7 5 0 0

Customer :

this is not working (17500). what do i do, because the safe is open, and bars have locked. my old code does not work anymore

Craig :

Is the 'amber' light on?

Customer :

yes

Craig :

Have you replaced the batteries yet?

Craig :

This is low batteries that need to be changed

Customer :

yes, the XXXXX XXXXXght goes on when i try to enter a code

Craig :

It's the batteries, you must replace them. That's what is happening, the batteries are low and will not operate

Customer :

ok i will try right now

Craig :

do that now, first thing

Customer :

ok that worked. now my code to enter works again. how do i clear all codes and creat a new one, so my soon to be X wife can not get into the safe if she finds a way into the house?

Customer :

sha had her own code, which i dont know what it is, and i had my own code as well.

Customer :

actually, i do know her code, and would like to delete it. how would I do that?

Customer :

i have to walk away from computer now. please leave me directions to perform this task and i will accept ur time.

Customer :

hello, is anyone going to answer my question? it has been a couple days since i heard from you

Craig :

There are 3 possible ways to unlock and access
the safe:
1. Factory code
(Found on the fi rst page of this guide) You can
always open the safe by entering the pre-set 5-digit
factory code. This code cannot be deleted.
2. User code
If you prefer to employ your own code, you can
program the safe to open using a 5-digit user code
of your choice.
3. User pin
If you wish to give someone else temporary access
to the safe, you can program a 5-digit user pin that
can later be erased.
Programming the user code
NOTE: One (1) user code is allowed.
To add:
1. Press the Prog key , then enter the 5-digit
factory code.
2. Enter the 5-digit user code of your choice.
To delete:
1. Press the Prog key.
2. Enter the 5-digit factory code twice.
Programming user pin
NOTE: One (1) user pin is allowed.
To add:
1. Press the Prog key 2 times.
2. Enter your 5-digit user code.
3. Enter the 5-digit user pin of your choice.
To delete:
1. Press the Prog key 2 times.
2. Enter your 5-digit user code.
3. Enter 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.
NOTE: If your safe does not appear to be working,
please check batteries before calling

Customer :

again, from day one, i dont have my factory code to be able to delete the my soon to be x wifes user code

Experience: 33 years troubleshooting electronic and electrical control systems for all types of equipment.