Anthony
Anthony, Technician
Experience:  20+ years in trade TV and Electronics
18621325

How do I fix the U61 error on my Panasonic DMR ES15 manufacture

Customer Question

How do I fix the U61 error on my Panasonic DMR ES15 manufacture March 06, have cleaned the spindle and reset the laser drive to the rear and powered up again, but will not clear the error code. One tech told me it's a timing issue and will need to go in for repair. Any other ideas?

Have tried Anthony's instruction a dozen times now with and without a disc, now has the error code U88 sometimes without a disc and U61 with a disc.

Drive noise with and without disc sounds like a matrix printer, very annoying to the rest of the family, if it can't be sorted tonight with your help will take to the repair centre.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Anthony replied 5 years ago.

Hello
Welcome

I dont have the service manual for this particular model being an new zealand model however I may be able to tie it up with european model if you tell me what all the buttons are on the machine ie eject/stop etc

U61 is nt a fault according to panasonic but a communication reset error but its locked itself out

Let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have been throu the manual and tried the reset functions with no luck, the ES 15 is a common model, but according the maunual the tuners were for Asia, Middle east and Sth Africa and AU and NZ, but from what I have read there are similar models in the USA and UK.

Buttons from left to right are
Standby/On switch
Down channel
Up Channel
Open/Close
Stop
Start Play
Start Record

Comes with either Remote EUR7659A0 for AU/NZ or EUR7659YB0 for the rest.

Hope this help, sorry for delay but time difference is a slight issue.

Thanks
Expert:  Anthony replied 5 years ago.

Hello

Try this

When the power is off, press [CH UP], [OPEN/CLOSE] and [REC] keys simultaneously for 5 seconds you will see SERV in the window this means the machine has successfully entered service mode, then press 9 and 9 again this will clear all errors and reinitialize the micro to factory default you will see CLR in the window

Just press the power button to return to normal

This should reset the firmware to factory preset

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Anthony, Still no joy, I have tried the above and the machine responds as you have specified but after powering up it still has the U61 error, I have not tried it with any disc in the drive.<br /><br />On screen display still has the usually instructions of press "enter" which open the door and 'power' on to restart the machine, but it still goes into and endless loop of restart - U61 - please wait and on screen display.<br /><br />I would have loved if the above worked.<br /><br />U61 came up after machine was recording, made drive noise and then powered itself down with no display, I had to power reset from the plug.<br /><br />Do I need to put in the disc it was recording on or a blank or another type of reset maybe, hope you can help.<br /><br />Thanks again, Dimi<br /><br />Have tried Anthony's instruction a dozen times now with and without a disc, now has the error code U88 sometimes without a disc and U61 with a disc. <br /> <br />Drive noise with and without disc sounds like a matrix printer, very annoying to the rest of the family, if it can't be sorted tonight with your help will take to the repair centre. <p> </p>