Craig
Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician
Experience:  33 years troubleshooting electronic and electrical control systems for all types of equipment.

Ican not open my Sentry safe after I enter the combinatin.

Customer Question

Ican not open my Sentry safe after I enter the combinatin. It has an electronic lock.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Craig replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Craig :

If you do not get the green light, the number is XXXXX correct that you are entering. If the key pad goes green light, it's the batteries are too weak to open the pin for the door handle to open the main door bolt. The program button is for using a personal 'Pin Number' that you want, it's not for the regular factory code.

Craig :

Just enter you factory code without using the program button. This will open the door with the original code.

Craig :

Program button is only for programming a personal code number that is different from the factory code.

Craig :

Make sure the handle is all the way up in the horizontal position

Customer :

Itried that and it didn,t work. I also put new batters in.

Customer :

Still didn,t work

Craig :

Does the light turn green to proceed?

Customer :

Ihave these number from a sticker on the door csw47477bo427441

Craig :

That is not the factory code that you have for the safe

Craig :

That is the model and serial number.

Customer :

No my screen has an XXXXX XXXXXght

Craig :

Do you have the original code that came with the safe?

Craig :

Have you ever opened the door?

Craig :

The XXXXX XXXXXght means low battery

Customer :

Yes Yes many times

Craig :

Have you got new batteries?

Craig :

Do you have new batteries?

Craig :

It's low batteries..

Craig :

The XXXXX XXXXXght means low batteries

Craig :

Do yo know how to get the old ones out?

Customer :

Ijust put in new ones Iwillchange them agin willtake a few minutes

Craig :

Ok I will be here

Craig :

make sure they are in right

Customer :

changed batteries light still amber . I don,t remember the light ever being green.

Craig :

Check the batteries to make sure they are fresh, how long have you had them?

Craig :

The XXXXX XXXXXght is telling you that they are bad

Craig :

go buy new 'Duracell batteries'

Craig :

That's why it won't open

Customer :

Tey are less than a year old

Craig :

I understand but they are low, that's what is wrong, trust me, get new Duracell and try it

Craig :

The light is sensing low voltage on the batteries and that's why it won't take the code

Customer :

ok

Craig :

Make sure you put them in correctly, facing the right way

Craig :

Did you check that?

Craig :

One battery could be backwards and cause this

Customer :

How can I get in touch with you if this doesn,t work. Won,t get batteries untl tomorow. They are in right.

Craig :

Come back here, you can find me, you will have an email link to this post

Craig :

Get the new batteries it will work...

Customer :

Thanks Frank

Craig :

Please press accept

Experience: 33 years troubleshooting electronic and electrical control systems for all types of equipment.